Not all Oklahoma divorce and child custody issues are created equally. The dynamics of divorce and child custody legal matters often are more complex and conflicting for high-income, high-net worth individuals.
If you are an individual with a high-income and a large number assets, it is extremely important that you contact an experienced Tulsa family law attorney as soon as possible to better help ensure that you have a strategic and effective game-plan moving forward tailor made for your specific Oklahoma family law issue.
For nearly 50 years, the iconic Tulsa family law firm of Fry & Elder has symbolized Oklahoma family law excellence. Fry & Elder’s team of attorneys from its Tulsa and Oklahoma City offices are among the most decorated in the state and its lineup includes:
- One of only 19 attorneys in the state to be a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year for Family Law in Tulsa 2016,
- The 2016 Oklahoma Family Law Attorney of the Year by the Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section
- Five attorneys recognized bySuper Lawyers®
- Four attorneysAV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Three of the past four Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section Chairs
- A Cherokee Nation District Court Judge
What do high-net worth individuals need to consider from a child custody perspective?
Oklahoma child custody cases and most everywhere else usually go in one of three directions.
- They involve litigation that leaves the decision to a judge.
- They are difficult and challenging in the beginning, but eventually reach a resolution.
- They go smooth in that both parents come up and agree to a parenting plan.
Whether you are a high-income individual or not, almost everyone would prefer option 3. While the third option is definitely possible – usually through planning with an experienced Tulsa family law attorney – quite often other contributing factors limit option 3 from being realistic or practical. These include parental alienation, false allegations of abuse, parental gatekeeping and just conflicting ideologies. An experienced Tulsa family law attorney often will be your biggest ally if you are faced with a high-conflict, high-resolution divorce and child custody battle.
What do high-net worth individuals need to consider from a child support and alimony perspective?
While there is a child support program in place in Oklahoma to help you calculate the amount of child support you might owe, those individuals who have a high-net worth typically often have other circumstances and factors that need to be addressed and analyzed with an experienced Tulsa child support attorney. Child support issues and enforcement typically require the skills of a creative child support attorney.
Alimony also has undergone significant changes over the years and gender is now irrelevant, meaning that either a husband or wife can receive alimony. That said, there are still several components a judge will factor into consideration when assessing and awarding alimony. These include:
- Demonstrated need during the post-matrimonial economic readjustment period
- The parties’ station in life
- The length of the marriage
- The health and age of each spouse
- The earning ability and education of each spouse
- The parties’ physical condition and financial means
- The mode of living to which each spouse has become accustomed during the marriage
- Evidence of a spouse’s own income-producing capacity and the time necessary to make the transition for self-support
Why the need to consult with an experienced Tulsa family law attorney?
Simply put: There is just too much on the line and at stake if you are a high-net worth individual going through a divorce and child custody battle. Fry & Elder has been nationally-recognized as an elite family law firm. The U.S. News & World Report has named the firm to its prestigious Best Law Firm’s list from 2014-2017. Contact Fry & Elder Tulsa or Fry & Elder Oklahoma City today to set up a personal consultation with an experienced Oklahoma family law attorney.