The tandem kicked off the month on Nov. 3 by winning the 2017 Earl Sneed Award for their significant and outstanding CLE contributions at the OBA Annual Meeting in Tulsa. That was followed up by the two accomplished Oklahoma trial lawyers learning that their application to present at the distinguished 55th Annual Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) Conference this upcoming year was accepted.
If all of that were not enough, Bundy and Henry, along with Fry & Elder standout immigration law attorney Lorena Rivas, closed out a busy and memorable November month by attending the “2017 Defending Sex Cases Conference” presented by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers® (NACDL) on Nov. 16-17 in Las Vegas.
“It’s certainly been a busy month for us, but Shane, Lorena and I all agreed that this was a very important conference to attend, Bundy said. “As with previous NACDL conferences, the speakers were nationally-renowned experts and trial lawyers. The information we learned will apply across the board to all aspects of our practice. Several other great criminal defense lawyers from Tulsa were also at the conference.”
What the Accomplished Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Learned
Founded in 1958, the NACDL has long been recognized at as the “preeminent organization in the United States advancing the mission of the nation’s criminal defense lawyers to ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crime or other misconduct.”
The organization’s website lists its mission as:
- Ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crime…
- Foster the integrity, independence and expertise of the criminal defense profession…
- Promote the proper and fair administration of criminal justice.
Bundy and Henry attended the NACDL 2017 Midwinter Meeting & Seminar earlier this year in New Orleans. The two-day seminar on Defending Sex Cases Seminar took place at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas and featured a number of informative and thought-provoking breakout sessions Bundy, Henry and Rivas attended including:
- “Forensic Child Interviews: Suggestiveness and Taint”
- “False Confessions in Child Sexual Assault Cases”
- “Stop the Insanity: Effective Cross-Examination of the SANE Witness”
“The topics covered during each of those sessions were very important for both our criminal and family law cases,” Bundy said. “It was a very relevant seminar for us to attend.”
Fry & Elder and its attorneys have developed both a national and state-wide reputation for really putting an emphasis on CLE and professional development opportunities. In addition to the most recent Defending Sex Cases Seminar in Las Vegas, attorneys from the standout Oklahoma law firm have traveled to the following locales for important and relevant CLE conferences.
- Washington D.C.
- New Orleans
- Kansas City
- San Diego
- Fort Lauderdale
- Leavenworth, Washington
Why Experience the Fry & Elder Difference?
Whether you are facing a family law, immigration law or criminal law matter, Fry & Elder has the accomplished Oklahoma trial lawyers in place to help you navigate through the process. The firm has been named to the prestigious U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms List from 2014-2018.
Its talented lineup of accomplished Oklahoma trial lawyers includes the following:
- Two 2018 Best Lawyers® Selections
- One of only 19 attorneys in the state to be a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year for Family Law in Tulsa 2016
- The 2016 Oklahoma Family Law Attorney of the Year by the Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section
- Five attorneys recognized by Super Lawyers®
- Four attorneys AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Three of the past four Oklahoma Bar Association Family Law Section Chairs
- A Cherokee Nation District Court Judge
- The 2017 OBA Earl Sneed Award Recipients