Fry & Elder immigration law attorney Lorena Rivas is knowledgeable and experienced in handling a number of immigration law issues, including fiancé visa requirements in Oklahoma and throughout the United States.
A fiancé visa allows foreigners to enter the United States for the purpose of marrying a U.S. citizen from Oklahoma or elsewhere. The marriage must occur within 90 days after entry. Once married, the foreign national may obtain lawful permanent residency.
Fiancé Visa Requirements:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship for the person bringing the fiancé to the United States (birth certificate or certificate of naturalization)
- Proof that an in-person meeting occurred with the fiancé during the previous two years.
- Proof that both parties are legally free to marry (are not married, are divorced, had prior marriage annulled, or are widowed).
- Your fiancé does not meet any criteria that render him/her inadmissible to the United States.
Oklahoma Immigration Law Attorneys Who Care
Lorena Rivas is the 2018 recipient of the distinguished Fern Holland Award and is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA). She is well versed and experienced in all facets of immigration law.
While in law school at the University of Tulsa College of Law, Rivas not only graduated with honors but also actively participated in the Immigrant Rights Legal Clinic.
She demonstrated her prowess in immigration law early when she successfully prevented a Haitian national from being returned to Haiti, in terrible conditions due to the recent earthquake and hurricane.
Rivas also helped a mother and her two children remain in the United States after being victims of domestic and sexual abuse in Mexico.
In addition to fiancé visa requirements, Rivas is well-versed in the following immigration law practice areas:
- Business Immigration
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Deportation/Removal Defense
- Family Immigration
- Humanitarian Relief
- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Activity
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
Experience the Fry & Elder Difference
On the family law side, Robert G “Hap” Fry Jr., is a decorated and accomplished Tulsa divorce lawyer. He was recently honored as the Lawyer of the Year for Family Law in Tulsa for 2016 by Best Lawyers® and has been selected as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer® every year since 2007.
Whether you are trying to acquire or have questions about how to attain a Fiancé Visa, we encourage you to contact Fry & Elder today to set up a personal consultation with a proven and professional Oklahoma immigration lawyer.